The house is built reusing five shipping containers. The dwelling has been designed to be energy efficient without compromising any habitable or comfort condition.
The concept behind the design is based on the 4R:
* Reduce intake materials.
* Reuse items with a new purpose.
* Recycle items which have already been used.
The preferred materials are those that come from a natural source or those materials that come from low cost processing or recycling process, without falling into radical approaches involving inefficiencies or unbearable overcosts.
- Project type : New Construction
- Building Type : Isolated or semi-detached house
- Construction Year : 2012
- Delivery year : 2013
- Net Floor Area : 277 m2 Useful area (es)
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 156 620 €
- Number of Dwelling : 1 Dwelling
- Cost/m2 : 565 €/m2
- Cost/Dwelling : 156 620 €/Dwelling
Living in a Container explores projects made with shipping containers around the world and shares them for you.
Don’t forget to take a look at the structures made with other amazing shipping containers on our site!
We invite you to send in your story and container homes photos too so we can re-share and inspire others towards a simple life too. Thank you!
You can share this using the link and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!